Welcome to MyLawnMower.com.au
We have everything you need to keep your lawn in tip top shape!
- eBay listings for new and used lawn mowers for sale in your area.
- Lawn mowing services in your area. (coming soon)
- Information and Reviews on the different types of lawn mowers, and what to look out for when buying.
- Tips and tricks on how to keep your lawn green and healthy.
So why buy from us?
Ebay always has the lowest price for both new and used lawn mowers, everytime! If you are looking for a brand new lawn mower for sale you can also buy direct from a wholesaler on Ebay.
We have also taken the hard work out of finding local listings for you. This means that you can shop for lawn mowers for sale in your area, and you won't be too far away from where you need to pick it up!
Listings are organised by brand and by type. You can use the menu bar on the left to browse through the catalogue.
John Deere D120 Ride On Mower
Remaining: 9d 58m
Ride On Mower John Deere Sabre
AU $660.00 (5 Bids)
Remaining: 8h 22m
John Deere X300 Ride On Mower
Remaining: 4d 2h 34m
Guide to buying a secondhand lawnmower
Right now is the time to start thinking about lawn maintenance. With spring fast approaching, it’s important to start looking after your lawn to ensure you have a beautiful garden all summer long. One important item you will need is a good lawnmower. While new lawnmowers can be very expensive, it’s easy to pick up a secondhand mower of really good quality for a fraction of the price. Before you start your search, it’s a good idea to know just what kind of mower you need. In this article we will explore the different types of lawnmowers you can choose from.
Cylinder lawnmowers have blades that rotate and cut very close, giving you a very well manicured lawn. They are ideal for people who like to cut their lawn frequently and like having very short grass. However, they are not suitable for uneven lawns. These lawnmowers come in petrol, electric and hand-pushed models. You can also find them with a range of cutting widths as well as rear rollers which give your lawn a neat, striped finish.
Hover lawnmowers are perfect for small and medium sized gardens and uneven surfaces. They work by using rotating blades that float above the surface. While they do not provide as sharp of a finish as other mowers, they do have many great features such as being lightweight, inexpensive and very easy to handle.
Rotary lawnmowers use horizontally rotating blades, making them great for large family gardens that have rough patches and weeds. They do not provide as neat of a finish as a cylinder lawnmower, but they can handle tougher, longer grass as well as steep slopes. These mowers come in petrol or electric models and can be either manual push or self-propelled.
Petrol vs electric
Once you know what type of lawnmower is best suited to your garden, you then have the choice between a petrol and electric model. Petrol mowers are more powerful than electric, making them ideal for big lawns and longer grass. However, they are generally more expensive, require more upkeep and safe storage. Electric mowers are great for smaller lawns. They are light, easy to handle and easier to clean and maintain. However, you need to make sure you have a power source nearby and have to worry about an electric cable trailing behind you as you mow. They should also not be used in wet conditions.
Now that you know the model you want you can start shopping for your secondhand mower. Here are a few factors to consider when shopping around:
- Engine condition: It’s hard to know exactly what the engine condition is, but one way to get an idea is to find out how old the mower is and if there have been any repairs made to the engine.
- Body condition: Look closely at photos of the mower for any nicks, dings or scratches. You can expect some cosmetic blemishes, but there should be nothing that would hinder the performance of the mower.
- Blade condition: Look over the blades to make sure they are still in decent condition. You might need to sharpen or replace the blades if they have become very dull through use.